I have begun the exciting task of turning my home office into Sam’s nursery. Here’s how the office looks now:
I still LOVE that Graham and Brown wallpaper– I even spotted it in Jeff Lewis’ house on an episode of Flipping Out. The white shelves will also stay, but everything else is pretty much on its way out. Here’s a visual plan I created:
I basically built it all around the Skyline Nursery Collection from Dwell Studio. Since my husband and I love travel and NYC we thought it would make for a fun nursery theme. Here are a few of the tasks we have planned:
- Swap out light fixture with painted chandelier
- Move out most of the furniture
- Add a second dark gray Ikea curtain to each window
- Paint the inside of the closet a fun color to match the room
- Have our talented friend Barb at Knack Studios refinish a vintage dresser we own that will serve as storage and a changing table
- Create some handmade art
- Buy custom blackout shades— we have these in our bedroom and love them!
- Add a dimmer switch
- Refinish rocker/glider we found on Craigslist for $40
- Buy a rug and a few other accessories
That doesn’t seem so bad, does it? I hope to keep you updated on the progress as it happens so stay tuned as my office transforms into Sam’s sanctuary.