I have a problem. I admit it. I’m addicted to coupons. I love paying as little as possible for as much as possible. My husband fuels the fire. He feels the excitement of a good deal just as much as me. And that’s pretty incredible when you think about his affinity towards $250 Diesel jeans and $75 Modern Amusement t-shirts. A quick tally of the value of his closet equaled my first two years of tuition at Iowa State. But that was all before he met me. Somehow I’ve been able to pass on my love of bargains.
Hereis a quick rundown of the coupons we’ve cashed in this week alone:
1. Yesterday I brought a coupon in to our local Aveda store for a free sample of body wash.
2. Today we used a coupon to get a free sandwich at the new Bruegger’s Bagel Shop down the street from where we live.
3. This morning we got coffee at Starbucks and used a “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” coupon we clipped out of a local paper. (We still have quite a few more we clipped out!)
4. I got a free pumpkin pie from Earth Fare. ($6.99 value!)
5. I saved 10% on my purchase at Home Depot with a coupon I got in the mail.
6. Curtains I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond were 20% off thanks to another coupon. (I did end up returning them, though.)
7. Tonight we were going to go get ice cream at Maggie Moo’s using a Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon I got by signing up for their mailing list.
And although we didn’t really use a coupon we did get a great deal on tickets to Europe. We’re flying into London in March where we got TWO FREE NIGHTS at a sweet hotel. The normal price would have been $440. Plus the plane tickets were a bargain as well- $460 round trip for a direct flight from Atlanta to London.
AND I might add… we are heading to New York City for Thanksgiving weekend where we will have one free night at a Hampton Inn. The hotel double charged us by mistake for some rooms we booked during the wedding. They were nice enough to compensate us for their mistake by giving us a free night anywhere so we picked NYC!
Who knows… if it weren’t for coupons we may not be able to afford all of these fun trips!